QRS (QR Systems Inc.) was started in 1998 by a group of Business Re-Engineering and Systems Development experts who brought 20+ years of experience from manufacturing, military, high technology and retail industries. Our vision was and has remained to help IT Organizations transform their position in the Enterprise. Instead of inventing new consulting terms and methodologies, we adopted industry best practices and adapted them to meet the needs of our customers, partners and employees.
Today, the QRS team includes Strategic Planning, Enterprise Architecture, Program Management and Organization Change Management professionals with hands-on experience across multiple functional and industries.
If you attend Enterprise Architecture and Planning, Project Management, Governance or IT Service management as well as Health Care and Health Care Insurance industry events, you will most likely run into our Professionals leading workshops, presenting papers or facilitating thought leadership sessions. QRS is privately owned by managing partners and has been profitable since inception.
Chronicle of Major Events in our History
- Thought Leadership:
- 2008: Enterprise Architect an d Project Manger – there is natural conflict
- 2009: Architecture Requirements – what, who, how and why?
- 2010: Business Transformation and Health Care
- 2011: Capability Thinking to improve Value of ICT to the Enterprise
- Professional Services
- 2001: Assessed the Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence capability and provided transition roadmap
- 2002: Lead a major Business Transformation program – first ERP implementation on time and on budget
- 2004: Started TOGAF® Education and Training
- 2005: Jason Uppal become first ever Master Certified Architect in the industry
- 2008: Tool kit to improve Business Transformation Capability
- 2010: Applied Business transformation expertise to Transform Health Care
- 2012: Three white papers to define the role of an Enterprise Architecture Professional
- Commercial Products: during our history we partnered with many industry leaders to architect and build several game changing ICT solutions.
- 1999: KMProject – at the peak of the dot com boom, the QRS team built the first Portfolio and Project Management software on the Enterprise Java platform
- 2002: PPEC – Manufacturing Execution System that integrated push and pull planning concepts and allowed any discreet or continuous manufacturing plant to plan production in real-time with multi variant constraints
- 2004: iWork – System enabled organizations to manage safety and quality program that made them compliant to Worker Safety and Insurance act in most north American jurisdictions
- 2007: enabled organizations to implement a Pre-authorized Debt Payment System. The solution was white -labeled by many major banks in North America
- 2009: theBTcloud – to industrialize the Business Transformation capability in the organization; the application conforms to TOGAF 9 specifications
- 2009: clinicalMessage – improve quality and economics of care by improving patient centric interprofessional communication